Capture the best moments from your selected hashtag and visualise them in this popular content layout. Curate the best posts, mix these with your branded content, and publish both to a social mosaic called collage. This display offers flexibility in design and content positioning and therefore is ideal for an in-venue display use.
What to do
First of all, navigate to the Wayin Experience Library click on the Social Displays tab in the navigation and select a Collage experience, which will open a brief overview of the campaign type. If you are happy with your selection, add Collage to your account if you are using it for the first time, or simply click on Create if you have previously build a Collage Social Display.
The wizard will take you through the experience creation process:
- First of all, name your experience and click next.
- After that, choose a theme. You will be able to select one of the system themes (Card, Square, Flex or Scaffold) or one of your branded themes if your account has one configured. This determined the base styling of your campaign.
- In the next step, you will be able to add pages you think you may need, again these can be added later as required, for most the default social page will be sufficient.
- On the launch timing screen, you can choose to schedule the launch timing here. Schedule a launch date and time if you’re aware of this during setup, or simply click Choose later.
- At the end of the wizard, you will be presented with an overview of the campaign setup so far. If you’re happy, click Create to finalise your settings and create the campaign.
First action to take after your experience has been created is to add Feeds (sources) where the content you are looking for will be ingested from. This will automatically create a Collection for you. To start creating Feeds:
- Open Feeds area;
- Click + New Content Feed;
- Select Feed Type;
- Define Settings for your selected Feed Type;
- Authenticate if required,
To learn more about Content and Data Feed Types, please visit this article.
Authenticating each feed
If you try to publish a Collage Social Display without first authenticating each feed (source), you will receive an error and no content will be collected.
“Campaign was published, but some feeds could not be activated as they are not authorized.”
- Open Feeds, for each feed listed with a padlock on an orange background (Feed requires authentication), click Edit source.
- Click Authenticate now on the right.
- Enter your credentials to logon to the requested social account. Point 4 of this guide, talks talks about the authentication process further.
Curate and Review
To review content ingested from previously defined social feeds, click on Curate and Review. This will take you directly in your collection, where you will be able to view content by status (i.e. Needs moderation, Published, Rejected), filter and moderate it.
To further define and customise your Collage Social Display, navigate to Pages and click on Edit Social Page. This will open a Page Builder with Collage module already in place. You can always drag & drop additional Collage module to your page from the module selection on the right hand side.
To start defining Collage settings and to customize your layout, hover with your mouse over the module and click on the cog icon. In the Settings tab you will be able to define:
- Use Experience Collection: Feeds that you have defined during experience creation process
- Use Other Collection: Previously created Collection in the Content Section if the Wayin platform
To learn more about Collections and creating feeds, please visit this article.
Switch to the Copy tab to add context to this module by adding a heading, byline, description, uploading an image and defining call-to-action. All changes will be reflected in the dynamic preview on the right hand side.
To start customizing layout and display options of your content, click on the Design tab, where you will be able to do the following:
- Edit Layout: Drag and add squares to create your custom collage layout. By dragging the corners of each tile you can reshape and resize each tile. Customize your tablet and mobile layouts as well as your desktop layout by selecting the width ranges in the dropdown above the Collage Layout Builder. When you have a piece of media pinned, a color will appear in the upper -left corner so you can see which tile has the pinned content in each layout.
- Display options:
- Define if clicking on social content should open an overlay or take the user to the original post in the social network where it was published.
- Display sticky content will display content with static position defined during content moderation.
- Load new content automatically will enable content tiles to refresh automatically and display newly published content without the need for a page refresh.
- Define the speed of tile rotation. It is defaulted to 5s but for in-venue use, we recommend 3s or less.
- Background: Customize what background should your Collage use. You can define background color as well as upload background image.
Add a call-to-action or brand content that will rotate with other pinned content inside of your collage. You can pin multiple images or Youtube videos in one tile or pin content in multiple tiles. Once you pin content in a tile, only pinned content will show but content from your collection will rotate through the other tiles.
- To pin content, hover over the tile in which you would like your pinned content to display.
- When you hover over a tile, if you already have pinned content it will show you how many items have already been pinned to that position.
- Select if you would like to add a video or an image.
- Image: Upload an image from your desktop or select one from your library.
- Video: Enter a valid YouTube video URL
- Once you have added your pinned items, you can mark them as active or inactive depending on if you want them to show right away or if you are just setting them up for later.
Don’t forget to save all your changes when you are done. Last step is to go ahead and publish your experience. To learn more about Publishing area, please visit this article.