The Tilt social display is powered by Twitter or Instagram data and you will therefore be able to track and visualize volume of conversations coming from either of those social networks with number of available layouts. Just trigger the conversation with a well-crafted question and watch the progress bars rise as more conversation occurs.
What to do:
The Tilt uses data feeds instead of content feeds. A data feed will collect a count of posts based on filter criteria you specify, this count value will be updated at regular intervals and can only be created in an experience campaign.
First of all, navigate to the Wayin Experience Library, click on the Social Displays tab in the navigation and select the Tilt experience, which will open a brief overview of the campaign type. If you are happy with your selection, add Tilt experience to your account if you are using it for the first time, or simply click on Create if you have previously build a Tilt.
The wizard will take you through the experience creation process:
- First of all, name your experience and click next.
- After that, choose a theme. You will be able to select one of the system themes (Card, Square, Flex or Scaffold) or one of your branded themes if your account has one configured. This determines the base styling of your experience.
- Next, you will be able to add other pages you need in your experience. These can be added later as well, for most the default social page will be sufficient.
- On the launch timing screen, you can choose to schedule the launch timing here. Schedule a launch date and time if you’re aware of this during setup, or simply click Choose later.
- At the end of the wizard, you will be presented with an overview of the campaign setup so far. If you’re happy, click Create to finalize your settings and create the campaign.
First action to take after your experience has been created is to add Data Feeds (sources). Data feeds will be measuring the volume of conversation based on your predefined criteria. This will automatically create a Collection for you. To start creating Data Feeds:
- Open Feeds area;
- Click + New Data Feed;
- Select Feed Type;
- Define Settings for your selected Feed Type;
- Authenticate if required,
You can also edit the criteria if you wanted to make the feed more specific, like filtering by location. The filters available depend on the source itself. To learn more about Content and Data Feed Types, please visit this article.
Authenticating each feed
If you try to publish a Tilt without first authenticating each source, you will receive an error and no content will be collected.
“Campaign was published, but some feeds could not be activated as they are not authorized.”
- Open the feeds. For each feeds listed with a padlock on an orange background (Feed requires authentication), click edit source.
- Click authenticate now on the right.
- Enter your credentials to log on to the requested social account. Point 4 of this guide, talks about the authentication process further.
Now when your data feeds are defined, you can further customize your Tilt. First, navigate to Pages and click on Edit Social Page. This will open a Page Builder with Tilt module already in place. To start editing your Tilt module, hover with your mouse over the module and click on the cog icon.
In the Settings tab you will be able to select which data feeds that you have previously created in the Feed section you want to display in your Tilt. You can drag and reposition the feeds in the order you want them displayed. You can configure multiple items and turn them on and off based on what you want to display at any given time.
Every Tilt item will has its own set of settings, where you can define the following:
- Label - description of the bar graph
- Thumbnail - image that will be displayed above the bar graph
- Bar color - background colour of the bar graph
- Label background color - background color behind the description label
- Label text color - font color of the description label
Switch to the Copy tab to add context to this module by adding a heading, byline, description, uploading an image and defining call-to-action. All changes will be reflected in the dynamic preview on the right hand side.
In the Design tab, you can add final touches to the look and feel of your Tilt by adding default background color of each bar and background image.
Don’t forget to save all your changes when you are done. Last step is to go ahead and publish your experience. To learn more about Publishing area, please visit this article.
Important Notes about Data Feeds
As Tilt is powered by data feeds, there are a few unique considerations when setting up the data feeds which will power your Tilt display.
Rate Limiting: Because we are retrieving data from Twitter and Instagram, it's important to understand the rate limits that they have in place to protect their systems. If you hit your rate limit, there will be a period where you won't be receiving data and this can impact any displays which were authenticated by the same Instagram or Twitter login. Here are some tips to reduce the chance that you get rate limited.
- Do not use high volume terms for testing (example: dog, iPad, Trump)
- Pause your data feeds when you no longer need your display
- Do not use the same credentials for many feeds
- IMPORTANT: If your campaign requires high-volume terms like celebrities, politicians, etc. you should be using Twitter Premium to power that experience. We are able to support sampling and forecasting with Twitter Premium which assists with these types of experiences. To learn more about Twitter Premium, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Account Content Limits: There are limits to the amount of content you can process each month and how many pieces of content you can store in your account at any given time. This is based on your company's contract with Wayin. To learn more, read our article on understanding content data limits.
We hope you found this guide useful. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager who will be more than happy to advise you on the creation of your first Tilt experience.