This article will walk you through how to change the text labels that appear throughout your experience campaigns.
Please note that the ability to change a label in Labels & Translations will only be available to account Admins. Changes to a label affect all experiences.
How to select a language to change labels for
Follow these steps to select a language you wish to add translations for..
- From the Dashboard, click Settings and select Labels & Translations.
- In the top right you will see the Locale drop-down, select a language/region that you wish to have your label change apply to, for example change this to German (Germany), to have your custom labels appear to users with this language/region in their browser.
If after changing the locale you see that the Default label does not change, this will be because we do not have a default translation available and one will need to be placed into the Custom Label field.
How to change a label
Follow these steps to change a label.
- Within Labels & Translations still, you will see a three columned table, the first column of the table is the label Name / Description, the second column is the Default Label text and column three is for the Custom Label.
- Locate the label you wish to change by scrolling or searching (the top bar, where it says Start typing to search).
- Once you've located the label, click in the Custom Label field to edit, enter the new label and press Enter.
- Once you have updated your Custom Label, click outside Custom Label field to save your change.
To remove the custom label and revert back to the default label, simply delete the custom label you set.
How to display your experience in a specified language
By default all newly created experiences will inherit the Locale set in the Account settings area:
In order to display all your translated labels in a specific language, you will need to select a locale to display your experience in:
- Open the experience and click on Settings on the left navigation
- Under Advanced, change the Locale under Localization.
- Click Save.
Other available commonly translated components
Can be renamed directly by double clicking on the Page title in the Pages area. Users will typically see the page title contained in the links to other pages on the main navigation bar.
Form Submit Button
This will need to changed in the Form module settings, open the Pages area, edit the Page containing your Form module and finally edit the Form module itself. From here select Submit Button and change the Submit Button text as required.