This article will explain the various contest voting options. To include voting in your contest experience you must select it within your phase flow. This is done in the experiences settings area of the contest under contest type.
Once you have selected a flow that has voting as an option you will then need to fill in the following:
- Voting style - The voting style is comprised of 4 options:
- Counter + Share This allows one vote per item and prompt user to share to Facebook wall
- Counter + CTA This allows one vote per item and display call to action & vote message
- Counter - A user can vote a number of time(s) per item.
- Global Counter A user can vote a number times during the campaign at any time(s)
Lastly, you can also enable additional security settings to help prevent fraudulent voting. The options are:
- Authenticated voting. The users will be required to authenticate by using their Facebook login.
- Enable Captcha. The users will be required to complete a captcha to vote. The captcha is consist of three options: Basic captcha. This will limit entries per second and minute by IP address. Always ask for captcha. This will present captcha challenge to all users and limit entries by IP address. Smart captcha. This dynamically present captcha challenge when entry rate limit exceeded.