This article will cover how to publish an experience to your chosen destination once you’re happy with your experience design.
What to do
- Open Publishing from the experience area of the platform (Left navigation menu).
- Next, Approve the experience which you do simply by clicking the tick icon located in the top right hand corner.
- Once approved, the Publish to new destination button will become visible.
- Select Publish and you will be presented with 4 publishing destinations for your experience :
- Web Embed: This generates some code for you use to embed an iFrame onto a web page.
- Microsite: Have your experience appear on a standalone web page.
- Facebook page: Publish your experience to a tab on your FB brand page.
- Facebook app: Publish your experience as a Facebook Canvas app, this will only be visible to those users who are supplied with the direct url.
An overview of publishing destinations
- When selecting a Web Embed destination, you may get prompted to choose a specific web channel if more than one is available.
- We recommend that you choose 'responsive' as this will ensure the experience adapts to the size of the container and device it’s viewed on. Alternatively, you are able to define a 'fixed size' view should your experience be restricted to a specific amount of space on your website.
- Regardless of which format you choose, the platform will require you to input some values for the width and height of the embed. These will not impose restrictions on a responsive embed.
- Should you decide to publish your experience on a standalone web page, simply follow the same steps as above, however, this time you do not need to define dimensions.
- All connected Facebook channels will be listed at this stage. If you have more than one connected, select the relevant page to publish your experience to.
- The wizard will then present all available apps to publish the experience to on Facebook - Both custom White-label applications created beforehand and system applications. If you have a Facebook white-label application that specifically relates to this experience , brand, sponsor or event, select it below.
Be aware that you cannot publish multiple experiences to one Facebook app, these campaigns must be scheduled so that only one is assigned to the app at any one time. Of course you’re free to set up another campaign specific white-label.
- See how to set up a White Label application for Facebook here.
Facebook canvas app
- When publishing to a Facebook canvas app, please follow the same process as outlined above for publishing to a Facebook tab. Note that this page will only be visible who have the experience URL (such as via a post on your social channels) and will not appear as a tab/app on your brand’s homepage.
Publishing destinations for Micro experiences
Micro Experiences are exactly like any other Wayin experience, designed to present content and collect data in exchange for value for your customer. The only difference is that they have been optimised for publishing to smaller digital destinations such as ad units. If you select Micro Experiences from the Experiene Library, you will be able to publish them to the following formats:
- Ad units (variable sizes) - see article how to add Wayin embed to ad networks
- Social Stories (Instagram, Snapchat) - see article how to add smart URL to social stories