What to do
First of all, navigate to the Wayin Experience Library, click on the Social Displays tab in the navigation and select a Hashtag Wall, Event Hashtag or Social Voting experience, which will open a brief overview of the campaign type. If you are happy with your selection, add the experience experience to your account if you are using it for the first time, or simply click on Create if you have previously build this type of a Social Display.
The wizard will take you through the experience creation process:
- First of all, name your experience and click next.
- After that, choose a theme. You will be able to select one of the system themes (Card, Square, Flex or Scaffold) or one of your branded themes if your account has one configured. This determined the base styling of your campaign.
- In the next step, you will be able to add pages you think you may need, again these can be added later as required, for most the default social page will be sufficient.
- On the launch timing screen, you can choose to schedule the launch timing here. Schedule a launch date and time if you’re aware of this during setup, or simply click Choose later.
- At the end of the wizard, you will be presented with an overview of the campaign setup so far. If you’re happy, click Create to finalise your settings and create the campaign.
First action to take after your expereince has been created is to add Feeds (sources) where the content you are looking for will be ingested from. This will automatically create a Collection for you. To start creating Feeds:
- Open Feeds area;
- Click + New Content Feed;
- Select Feed Type;
- Define Settings for your selected Feed Type;
- Authenticate if required,
To learn more about Content and Data Feed Types, please visit this article.
Authenticating each feed
If you try to publish a Collage Social Display without first authenticating each feed (source), you will receive an error and no content will be collected.
“Campaign was published, but some feeds could not be activated as they are not authorized.”
- Open Feeds, for each feed listed with a padlock on an orange background (Feed requires authentication), click Edit source.
- Click Authenticate now on the right.
- Enter your credentials to logon to the requested social account.
(This guide, talks talks about the authentication process further.)
Curate and Review
To review content ingested from previously defined social feeds, click on Curate and Review. This will take you directly in your collection, where you will be able to view content by status (i.e. Needs moderation, Published, Rejected), filter and moderate it.
To learn more about Content Moderation, please visit this article.
Social Wall settings
- Navigate to Pages > Social Page > Social Wall module.
- When you open the Social Wall module settings you can:
- Select a collection which will be the source for your content and set up max items you want to be displayed
- Under Content Filters & Sorting further narrow down what content should be displayed and how it will be sorted
- Under User controls allow controls that the users will be able to use to sort content
- Under the Copy tab define Heading, Byline, Description, Image and CTA to accompany your social wall
- Under Design, select your layout:
- Small or Large Grid
A grid of social items, each in a fixed size.
- Content or Media Waterfall Cascading tiles showing text or image first
- Content or Media WaterfallCascading tiles from the top showing text or image first
- Masonry Fit Style
Varying content sizes with automatic fit to the layout.
- Stream One column list of social posts