Encourage your audience on social to do what they do best with this Instagram and Twitter data-powered graph visualizing conversation volume over time. Track a number of topics, set the time range to display and let the chatter begin.
What to do:
The Moments social display uses data feeds instead of the more commonly used content feeds. A data feed will collect a count of posts based on filter criteria you specify, this count value will be updated at regular intervals and can only be created in an experience campaign.
First of all, navigate to the Experience Library, click on the Social Displays tab in the navigation and select the Moments experience, which will open a brief overview of the campaign type. If you are happy with your selection, add Moments experience to your account if you are using it for the first time, or simply click on Create if you have already build Moments before.
The wizard will take you through the experience creation process:
- First of all, name your experience and click next.
- After that, choose a theme. You will be able to select one of the system themes (Card, Square, Flex or Scaffold) or one of your branded themes if your account has one configured. This determines the base styling of your experience.
- Next, you will be able to add other pages you need in your experience. These can be added later as well. For most, the default social page will be sufficient.
- On the launch timing screen, you can choose to schedule the launch timing. Schedule a launch date and time if you’re aware of this during setup, or simply click Choose later.
- At the end of the wizard, you will be presented with an overview of the campaign setup so far. If you’re happy, click Create to finalize your settings and create the campaign.
First action to take after your experience has been created is to add Data Feeds (sources). Data feeds will be measuring the volume of conversation based on your predefined criteria. This will automatically create a Collection for you. To start creating Data Feeds:
- Open Feeds area;
- Click + New Data Feed;
- Select Feed Type;
- Define Settings for your selected Feed Type;
- Authenticate if required,
You can also edit the criteria if you wanted to make the feed more specific, like filtering by location. The filters available depend on the source itself. To learn more about Content and Data Feed Types, please visit this article.
Authenticating each feed
If you try to publish Moments without first authenticating each source, you will receive an error and no content will be collected.
“Campaign was published, but some feeds could not be activated as they are not authorized.”
- Open the feeds. For each feeds listed with a padlock on an orange background (Feed requires authentication), click edit source.
- Click authenticate now on the right.
- Enter your credentials to log on to the requested social account. Point 4 of this guide, talks about the authentication process further.
Now when your data feeds are defined, you can further customize your Moments social display. First, navigate to Pages and click on Edit Social Page. This will open a Page Builder with Moments module already in place. To start editing your Moments module, hover with your mouse over the module and click on the cog icon.
In the Settings tab you will be able to:
- Define time range - selected time range to display the data for
- Select items - select which data feeds that you have previously created in the Feed section you want to display in your Moments.
Tip: You can drag and reposition the feeds in the order you want them displayed. You can configure multiple items and turn them on and off based on what you want to display at any given time.
Hover over an individual item and click on the cog icon to further customise your Moments. Every Moments item will has its own set of settings, where you can define the following:
- Label - description of the line graph
- Line colour - colour definition of the line of the graph
- Top of gradient fill - background colour of the top part of the line graph
- Bottom of gradient fill - background color of the bottom part of the line graph
Switch to the Copy tab to add context to this module by adding a heading, byline, description, uploading an image and defining call-to-action. All changes will be reflected in the dynamic preview on the right hand side.
In the Design tab, you can add final touches to the look and feel of your Moments social display by adding default background color of each bar and background image.
Don’t forget to save all your changes when you are done. Last step is to go ahead and publish your experience. To learn more about Publishing area, please visit this article.