When attempting to publish your campaign to a Facebook Page the following error is displayed in the console:
Publishing error. The experience failed to publish to destination , an error occurred adding App [custom] to the FB fan page: (#2069016) This page does not have permission to install custom tab
This error will now occur when you try to publish an experience to a Facebook Page using a whitelabel app and either of these conditions are met:
- The destination Facebook Page has less than 2000 fans
- The Facebook app used to published is not whitelisted for use on the page
The details of the API change that came into affect February 7th are detailed here:
What to do
There are two available options.
1. Use a platform system app
- Under Publishing, click Publish to another destination.
- Select Facebook Page and choose the corresponding Facebook fan page you wish to publish to (Click Select).
- On the application select screen below alternative apps, change the filter to System to display the built-in platform Facebook apps.
- Click select an appropriate app, then add a custom tab page title. Once complete, click Next and Publish.
2. Add the publisher's Facebook account as an Administrator to your whitelabel app
- As an admin for the whitelabel app you wish to use, visit: https://developers.facebook.com/
- Select the correct app and open the Roles area.
- Under Administrators, add the Facebook user account of the person who will be publishing the experience.
- Once added, they should be able to publish using the whitelabel app.