You may have heard that we have recently introduced a completely new format of immersive, mobile-first experiences that are optimised for use within social stories and experiences across variety of social networks. This article will help you understand how to publish and implement Micro Experiences into Snapchat and Instagram Story.
First, navigate to the Publish tab in the menu on the left hand side in the experience you want to publish.
- Approve your experience (you will have to have sufficient user rights to perform this action).
- Select + Add Destination and choose one of 5 available formats (If any of the options are greyed out, you will need to Connect that channel. Read this article to learn more.):
- Instagram Story - use this smart URL to add behind a CTA in a set up of your organic or promoted social story
- Snapchat Story - use this smart URL to add behind a CTA in a set up of your organic or promoted social story
- Twitter Story - use this smart URL in an organic or promoted social post
- Facebook Story - use this smart URL in an organic or promoted social post
- Page embed - this generates an embed code to be used on your website, blog, article, ad-unit and more
- Following this, the platform wizard will ask you to specify the dates and timings for the campaign’s launch, whether you wish to publish this experience immediately or schedule it to go live at a later date.
- All that’s left to do is to confirm you want to Publish the experience, the platform will generate a smart URL to use when promoting it.
Adding smart URL to your Snapchat Story
Brands have couple of options how to add URL behind a swipe up call-to-action in Snapchat. You can either use non-sponsored Snap and use Snapchat’s native functionality to add URL directly in your Snap, or, if you want more flexibility and more prominent swipe up action, use one of Snapchat’s paid ad formats.
CTA in Snaps and direct messages
- Take your Snap.
- Look for the paperclip on the right-hand-side toolbar.
- Tap on the paperclip and a new screen with a field for a URL will pop up. Type in the smart URL of your Wayin Micro Experience.
- A preview will load. Look for the “Attach to Snap” button at the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- An arrow with a URL at the bottom of the snap will appear after you send it.
CTA in the Snapchat ad
- Login to Snapchat Ad Manager where you will manage your ad in a snap.
- First choose objective for your ad - the options are Drive Traffic to a Website, Drive App Installs, Re-engage your users, Drive Video Views, Grow Awareness. Driving Traffic to a Website will be the recommended type for Micro Experiences.
- Build Your Ad set - the creative type you will want to select is Web View. This is an area where you can also define your target audience.
- In the next step, start building your ad. You can either use an image or video for the design of the ad itself and define other details, such as the web URL where you will add the smart URL from the Wayin Experience Platform and select the right type of CTA from a list of predefined options.
- Preview your ad and publish your ad.
Adding smart URL to your Instagram Story
As a brand, you will have two options how to add URL behind a call-to-action in Instagram Story. Either, you have a verified account or business account with more than 10,000 followers and will be given an option to add CTA and link to it directly in the setup of the Instagram story in the app. And/or you can decide to use paid form of IG Social Story advertising. The story ad plays between your followers’ stories, so they fit in seamlessly with other content and you can easily add a CTA and URL in the setup of the ad itself.
CTA for verified and business Instagram accounts with 10K+ followers
- Start your Instagram Story.
- Add the link URL - to add your link, click on the chain link icon at the top of your story. A new window will appear on your screen, allowing you to input the link.
- Add the smart URL of your Wayin Micro Experience and post your story. "See more" swipe up icon will appear in the bottom part of your story.
Note: You will not be given an option to customise the label of the CTA, it will by default say “See more”. Only paid ads described below will allow you to select one of predefined CTA label options.
CTA in the Story ad on Instagram
- Login to Facebook Ad manager where you will manage your Instagram Story ads
- First choose objective for your story ad - the options are Reach, Mobile App Installs, Video Views, Traffic and Conversions. Traffic will be the recommended one for use with our Micro Experiences.
- Under Placements select Edit Placement > Instagram > Stories
- In the next step, select if you would like to use Single image or Single video for the design of the ad itself.
- Choose a CTA button label.
- Next, add the smart URL for Micro Experience that you copies from Publishing area in the Wayin Platform.
- Preview your ad and place your order.