Introducing: Save as Template
Experience Library has been designed to speed up the ideation and experience-creation process, allowing your teams to focus their efforts on the overall marketing strategy and creative campaign execution instead.
With this release, we are making this process even more tailored to your individual needs, now enabling you to save your selected experience as a template for future use. By saving an experience as a template, you will begin to build your own library of reusable experiences that can be easily found in the Experience Library under "Account Templates" and reused for cyclical marketing events, across brands, by other team members, and more.
If your brand has multiple accounts, you can chat to your Customer Success Manager about how to make sharing of templates between accounts the most efficient.
Until recently, your teams have been either using one of the system apps to start building an experience or cloning one of the existing ones. With more and more customers using the Cheetah Experiences across brands, markets and teams, we understood the need to provide a way to help others adopt already successful experiences, those that have been recommended for use for specific events (such as a new product launch, event sign-up, newsletter registration, brand giveaway...).
What is changing?
Admin users will be able to mark selected experiences as account templates to:
- Build their own internal library of reusable experiences,
- Drive consistency across brands and markets,
- Ensure compliance,
- Empower more junior team members,
- Drive efficiency,
- Save time and resources.
Save As Template (Admin)
If you are an Account Admin, you will see a new functionality in your account that will enable you to Save an Experience as a Template. To do so, simply:
- Go to the Experiences List Screen
- Select your favorite experience
- Navigate to the More actions menu and select "Save as Template"
- This will open up a dialog window where you can fill out essential details such as:
- Name (use a descriptive name that will help your teammates understand what the template is for)
- Description (short overview why and when to use it)
- Thumbnail image (it will work as a visual cue to help your teammates select the relevant template)
- Once done with this step, click on "Save"
- This will create a Template that only Admin users can edit.
Editing or Deleting a Template (Admin)
Only Admin users are allowed to edit or delete existing templates and the relevant information (name, description, and thumbnail). If you wish to edit a template:
- Go to the Experiences List Screen.
- Filter the screen by the "Templates".
- Find your template and click on the Edit icon.
- You can now make any changes you want, but please note that this will affect future experiences created from this template.
- To edit the name, description, or thumbnail for your experience, navigate to the "Settings" section in the left-hand side navigation menu.
If you wish to delete a template:
- You can do so the same as deleting any other experience.
- This will remove the template from the list screen and the Experience Library.
Templates are not the same as Experiences, they are exact copies of experiences that they have originated from, they will use the same styling, theme, form, content, and layout, but here are some differentiation points:
- Templates cannot be published, they only work as a starting point for a new experience.
- Templates can only be edited or deleted by Admin users.
- Templates can be used by Publishers and Creators as a starting point to create experiences though.
- Templates can be found under the "Templates" filter in Experiences List or under "Account Templates" in the Experience Library.
Creating an Experience from a Template (Admin, Publisher, Creator)
To create a new experience from a template, you can:
- Click on + Create in the Experiences screen.
- Or click on + Create a new experience from the top right-hand corner navigation menu.
- Or go directly into the Experience Library and find your experience under Account Templates.
- Selecting one of the templates will launch the Experience creation wizard. You can then further edit your experience to your liking.
If you have any questions about using the Save as Template functionality, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or contact our Support team.