Our customers have a responsibility to ensure that they comply with all relevant legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements in the collection, storage, retrieval, and destruction of records. Of particular relevance is the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California's Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) with their requirements concerning the storage, processing, and management of personal data/personal information.
Among others, data regulations cover a right to be forgotten (right for erasure/deletion of records) and a right to access data (information about if and what kind of data an organization holds on the individual). Organizations are required to respond to these requests within the legally required 30-day window.
In this article, you will learn how you can manage data requests in Data Protection Center in your account.
Data Protection Center
Admin users can find Data Protection Center under Account Settings (cog icon in top-right menu). In this section, you will be able to:
- View Account Retention Period
- Change the number of days user's passwords will be valid for
- Define universal password for data exports
- Manage the organizations' data requests
How to Manage Data Requests
If your organisation receives a request for right to access data or for a right to be forgotten, you can use the following steps to:
- In Data Protection Center under Privacy Requests, type in up to 50 comma-separated email addresses and click search to confirm the action.
- We will perform the search in the current account and any sub-accounts (child accounts) if applicable.
- The result will be displayed below in a grid view with the following information:
- A number of entries
- A number of user-generated content records
- A number of winner records
- You will be able to delete the matching record.
Deletion of records
Please note, that after you confirm that you wish to delete the record, we will delete all data that we hold on the user in the current account and all sub-accounts including:
- All PII data,
- All user-generated content,
- Rewards allocations (Entitlements).
The entry will no longer be visible in an Entries Grid or on data exports.
If you need any further assistance, you can contact your Customer Success Team or Support Team. Alternatively, email@example.com can provide further guidance if needed.