As part of our ongoing effort to offer more meaningful brand continuity and recognisable experiences for the end-users, we have launched custom domains allowing our customers to publish Cheetah Experiences to one or more of their brand domains.
What are custom domains?
In order to better understand custom domains in Cheetah Experiences, let's quickly review what domains and subdomains are. A web address consists of a domain name (or root domain) like myCompany.com and, optionally, a subdomain.
- A domain name, also known as a primary domain or a root domain – is essentially the name of your website. It is the address that you type into a web browser's address bar to view a website. An example of a domain name is google.com.
- Subdomain is a unique prefix to your business domain and can be used to differentiate different services that your brand offers. For example, to distinguish support services from their main website, Google use the sub-domain support.google.com. This example also illustrates that a subdomain appears before the domain name in a URL. Finally, subdomains can be hosted on separate servers away from your main website.
What are custom domains used for?
Custom domains are useful when you want to provide a trusted brand experience for your users.
For instance, when you want to run experiences offering promotions you can use a custom domain like promos.myCompany.com. They are also useful to run seasonal campaigns like Halloween and have them hosted on spooky.myCompany.com allowing you to gear towards a target audience with a specific goal.
Using custom domains to publish campaigns increases awareness of the brand and builds trust.
With this update, you can now use your own brand domain to serve campaigns so that the URL retains your own branding instead of the default wayin.com URLs.
- Quick and easy to set up and manage
- Register one or more custom domains against your account
- Publish multiple experiences to each custom domain
- Set a default experience for each custom domain
Fair Usage Policy & Operational Costs
You may connect up to 5 custom domains to your account as part of our standard licensing terms. If you’d like us to purchase a domain name on your behalf or you wish to use more than 5 custom domains, additional fees may be incurred. Please contact your CSM for more information.
Ready to use it?
To start using custom domains, follow the instructions outlined in the attached technical guide. Once configured, please refer to this article to help you publish experiences to your custom domain(s).
If you need help or have any questions, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email email@example.com who will be happy to help get you started and run you through the options available.